Penn Hill Group is conducting a search for an experienced, results-oriented leader to serve as Vice President of Penn Hill Group. This position reports to the Penn Hill Group leadership.
Penn Hill Group is a leading bipartisan consulting and government relations firm focused on helping clients advance Federal education and workforce policy. In this role, the individual is responsible for working closely with the leadership team at Penn Hill Group to lead client work and provide hands-on senior-level support for clients on education and workforce issues that include strategic advice, writing, legislative drafting, research, policy development and lobbying.
Penn Hill Group is seeking an experienced leader in Federal education and workforce policy. This role offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a senior-level candidate with significant experience working in and with Congress and the Administration to advance Federal education and workforce policy and funding priorities with a diverse group of organizations. The role requires registration as a Federal lobbyist. Penn Hill Group seeks candidates with at least 10 years of experience in senior leadership roles in Congress, the Administration, or other DC-based organizations working on education and workforce policy issues. Preference will be given to candidates with at least 10 years of recent experience working in relevant Senior roles in Congress or the Administration.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and relationship development and management
· Substantial expertise and experience with Federal legislative, regulatory and appropriations processes
· Extensive knowledge of Federal education and workforce policy
· Excellent management and organizational skills
· Proactive, positive approach to developing strategies and plans and problem solving particularly related to Federal advocacy
· Understanding of Federal executive agency operations and programs in education and workforce issues
· Strong interest in working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· 10 years or more of relevant leadership experience in the Federal government, particularly working as a staff member in Congress or the Administration
· 10 years or more working on Federal education and workforce policy issues
This is a DC-based position.
Please send a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on November 18, 2021.