Penn Hill Group seeks an Associate who is detail-oriented and has strong writing, research and communications skills to manage multiple projects for clients. The ideal candidate has strong interest in education policy and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
To Apply: Please combine a cover letter, resume and writing sample into a single file and send a pdf via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Application deadline is 5 pm ET on Thursday, February 5.
Penn Hill Group Overview
Penn Hill Group is a bipartisan government relations firm located in Washington, DC. With decades of Congressional, Administration and private sector experience, the members of Penn Hill Group provide clients with cutting-edge advocacy, policy development and analysis, communications, research, and strategic consulting support. Penn Hill Group specializes in education and workforce issues, including early childhood education, K-12 education, special education, career and technical education, higher education, and other critical issues ranging from juvenile justice to library and museum policy.
Associate Position Overview
The Associate will be responsible for coordinating and managing projects for a portfolio of clients. In addition, the Associate will regularly cover events, including legislative hearings, produce research and event memos, and contribute to Penn Hill Group’s client communications efforts. The Associate will work closely with all members of our team and must have exemplary interpersonal communication skills and an ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Support for staff and principals across the firm on timely, high-quality project implementation and deliverables
- Project and client support including research, writing and coordination
- Attendance at briefings, hearings, and other key meetings; documenting and summarizing meeting content
- Production of memos, papers and briefs
- Event and meeting planning and logistics support including scheduling Congressional meetings
- Overall support for office operations and management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational, communications, analytic and personal skills
- Interest in education policy
- Exceptional Internet research skills
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills
- Experience working in an office
- Capitol Hill or Administration experience a plus
- Skilled at Microsoft Office programs; other programs a plus
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and is available immediately.